West Virginia Stroke Support Groups:
- WVU Medicine, Morgantown, WV: Meets the 1st Wednesday of the month at 530 pm in Conference room 3A/3B, on the 4th floor behind the cafeteria.
Contact Person: Angela Schaffer RN, SCRN, CEN; email@example.com, 304-598-6395
- Broaddus Hospital, Philippi, WV: Meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 530 pm in the Professional Building Conference Room
Contact Person: Catherine Schola, RN; firstname.lastname@example.org, 304-457-8153
- HealthSouth, Morgantown, WV: Meets the 3rd Wednesday of every OTHER month at 5pm
Contact Person: Angie Springston CCC/SLP; Angie.Springston@healthsouth.com, 304-285-1035
- HealthSouth Western Hills, Parkersburg, WV: Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month at 530 pm
Contact Person: Barbara Carpenter, RN; Barbara.Carpenter@healthsouth.com, 304-420-1363
- Cabell Huntington Hospital, Huntington, WV: Meets the last Monday of the month at 6 pm in the Neurosciences Conference room.
Contact Person: Mitzi Beckett, RN; email@example.com, 304-526-6317
- CAMC Health System, Charleston, WV: Meets Quarterly at 3 pm in the CAMC General Hospital 2 South Rehab Dining Room (2nd floor)
Contact Person: Casey Carpenter; firstname.lastname@example.org, (304) 388-3920 or (304) 388-7830
Charleston Area Medical Center Stroke Support Group
The group meets at CAMC General Hospital in rehabilitation services one evening quarterly to discuss various aspects of coping with a stroke. Topics may include stroke education, helping a loved one after a stroke, etc. For more information contact Casey Carpenter, stroke support group team leader, or CAMC General Hospital, Stroke Support Group, 501 Morris St., Charleston, WV 25301. All meetings will be held at CAMC General Hospital on 2 South in the Staff Education Room at 6 p.m. (signs will be posted) unless noted otherwise.
Resources for Recovery